God wants to have an intimate experience with His children through the Holy Spirit. One of the ways He does this is by talking to them in ways many and varied. I have also often heard the question asked, ‘How can I hear from God?’ The following are six ways I know from personal experience over the years God can speak to us.
- THROUGH THE WORDe. the Holy Bible – This is the main source of hearing from God in these last days. It shows the will and power of God in His children’s life, and is available to all.
- THROUGH DREAMS AND VISIONS: This is at God’s instance.
- THROUGH HIS SERVANTS AND PROPHETS: This means is equally available to all.
- THROUGH HIS ‘PROMPTING’: This is sometimes called the 6th Sense, the hunch, gut feeling or the nudge of the Holy Spirit e.g. what you sometimes feel when you hear an inspirational preacher speak or at altar calls. It is at the Holy Spirit’s instance.
- THROUGH INSPIRATION: This is referred to by the Bible as the ‘breadth of God’. It can happen to you at anytime e.g. when listening to some gospel music or when sighting a wonder of the world e.g. at mountain sides.
- THROUGH THE AUDIBLE VOICE: God actually still speaks to some of His children audibly in ‘still small voices’ of the Holy Spirit. Personally, I have heard God speak to me audibly three times in the past. This usually happens early in the morning.
God is no respecter of persons; what He has done for, with, though or by any one person, He can do for any other person. We just need to move closer to Him in sanctification and farther away from sin, and He will likewise move closer to us, and reveal Himself and His will to us. This is His desire and promise to us.
Good morning and God bless you.
Dcn. Lanre Oyetade.
The INSPIRATI II
Winners’ Estate, Ikorodu, Lagos.
5:45am, Sun., Aug.27, 2017.