Author: Dr. Abib Olamitoye
Publisher: 100/10 Publications
Date of Publication: 2009
Reviewer: Lanre Oyetade (08039428648)
But then, the deep calls unto the deep, and iron can only sharpen iron, thus this work can only be appreciated by like-minded people.
Rightly speaking, the author insists that the book carries the potential to transform life. According to him, it is the synthesis of great ideas and valuable knowledge gathered over thirty years of reading business books, conducting management seminars, running several business chains and researching into the true secret of prosperity.
The book indeed contains an unusual, remarkable and practical approach, and harbours simple, startling and yet, workable ideas and principles anyone can pick up and run with.
“It is not merely a cure for a lean purse, but is also loaded with basic and powerful tools so needed to grow rich with peace of mind. It promises happiness and excellent health,” the author proudly says.
And all this is so credible coming from a man that has distinguished himself not only in the academics but also in the field of business, having founded businesses both within and outside the Nigerian society.
Some of the businesses to which the author is founder and chief executive officer include Tolu Medical Centre in Lagos, Ibadan Central Hospital, in Oyo state, and Asset Stores, which he founded during his sojourn in the United Kingdom.
It is popularly said that the best way to master a thing is to teach it, and to this end, the author has founded and facilitated with the 100/10 Academy, a human resource outfit originally designed to raise 100 billionaires in 10 years, where he teaches entrepreneurial skills and principles around the country.
Going through the work reveals an author who is not only well versed in entrepreneurial experience but who has learnt and benefited immensely from the secret teachings of ancient masters on the issues of wealth, wellbeing and health management.
The wealth of the book’s content must have informed the decision by the Tribune management to endorse the book for its teeming prospective readers. The style is appealing and lucid and the language is near-perfect.
The book comes in seven chapters and also includes inspiring pictures depicting the author’s rise from obscurity and poverty to fame and fortune.
The first chapter is entitled the way of least efforts and depicts the 80-20 principle; the second chapter is on the principle of giving and sharing, while chapter three is on some learnt beliefs that repel money, with the author providing alternative beliefs.
Chapter four talks on the remaining 20 per cent, while the fifth chapter is on the place of wisdom. Chapter six inspires the reader, saying ‘you are born to win’. The last chapter (seven) talks on the issue of creating a business empire from the author’s experience.
Overall, the book should be a life companion and a reference text.
In our opinion, it deserves an A- rating.
The following are some of the other wealth books for review in this column:
- Benefits Of Shareholding
- Techniques Of Making Money In Shares
- Think, Learn, Take Action and Grow Rich
- Towards Successful & Joyful Retirement
- My Life Of Stocks
- Practical Guide to Raising Catfish
- Stock Market/Investment Manual
- Risk & Grow Rich
- Modern Beekeeping Made Easy
- 60 Habits of Highly Successful People
- 40 Low Start-up Businesses That Can Make You Rich
- Multiply Your Success – LEAD
- Fire Your Share Analyst
- Money Matters
- 66 Businesses You Can Start and Run on Your Own
- Logotherapy: Issues from an African perspective
- Exploiting the wealth in you
- Success Is Who You Are
- Principles Of Success
- The Power of Plan B
– Teamwork: The Hallmark Of Success
- Living Intentionally
- How To Make Money On Nigerian Stock Market
- Investing In Stocks And Shares
- Strictly Business For Success
- Secrets Of The Stock Market
- The Rules Of Wealth
- Best Shares Selection Guide
- Investing In Shares
- Can Every Nigerian Be A Millionaire?
- The Nigerian Bond Market
- The Millionaires’ Club
- Models And Mentors
- Introduction To The Capital Market (Cartoon)
- How To Calculate Stockbroker’s Commission
- Raising Snails For Local And Export Markets
- Bead Making: A Money Spinning Venture
- The Nigerian Capital Market
- The New Millionaires’ Capsules
- Shareholders’ Rights And Responsibilities
- Glossary Of The Nigerian Capital Market
- Wealth Creation, Management & Preservation (CD & Audio Cassette)
- Stock Market Made Easy
- Capital Market Investors’ Records
- Say No To Poverty
- Entrepreneurship: Business Establishment And Management
- Winning The War Against Poverty
- NSE Fact Book